(16) These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
(17) A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
(18) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
(19) A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Ok, now let's examine these 6, no 7 things that God HATES!
1. A proud look. Pride Look at these scriptures: Is. 14:12-14; Gen. 3:1-6; Prov. 8:13
2. A lying tongue Ex. 20:16; 1 Jn. 5:6; Jn. 14:6; Deut. 32:4
3. Hands that shed innocent blood; Murder
4. A heart that devises wicked imaginations
5. Feet that are swift in running to mischief
6. A false witness that speaketh lies.
7. He that soweth discord among the brethren.
A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump!
(12) A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.
(13) He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;
(14) Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.
(15) Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.
God's people have promises that the wicked will have their day in court, but that they will also suffer in life.
V12: A naughty person (a wicked person) walks with a froward (perverted) mouth.
V13: He winks with eyes
Speaks with his feet
Teaches with his fingers
V14: Frowardness (perversion, wickedness) is in his heart.
Devises mischief continually
V15: His CALAMITY comes quickly!
He is BROKEN without remedy. There is no cure.
Proverbs 16 warns against three things that destroy a person-
1. Unwise financial obligations: vs. 1-5; Also Prov. 21:5-7.
-lying to people
2. Laziness: V6-11
3. Lust: V20-35